Vw golf 2.8v6 4motion - Misfire,engine light etc - 190e.2.6
Hi there, having some strange issues with my golf , the car ran fine, with no issues at all, then after driving over a partially flooded road it developed a misfire, which I thought may clear, the engine management light flashed for a bit then just stayed on, however a week down the road and the misfire is still present, (only under hard acceleration) .
I had a diagnostic tool on it yesterday and it listed
P0300 random all cylinder misfire
P0302'p0304'p0306 single cylinder misfires on 2,4,6 .
I reset the warning light, but the misfire is still present.

Read many forums about possible directions to go, but I'm sure it has to be linked to the flood I drove through, does anyone have any advice ?

Many thanks in advance
Vw golf 2.8v6 4motion - Misfire,engine light etc - injection doc

Yeah if you fix the missfire the fault codes wont come back ! keep driving and it will burn out the cat.

As you already know its water in the electrics ! once a plug lead has" tracked " it leaves a carbon tracer so will continue to track even after the lead or plug has dried out

Yeah if you fix the missfire the fault codes wont come back ! keep driving and it will burn out the cat.

As you already know its water in the electrics ! once a plug lead has" tracked " it leaves a carbon tracer so will continue to track even after the lead or plug has dried out

I'm not sure it is electrical though, but I'm not driving it, it's parked up while I try and work it out, but cheers for the advice .
Vw golf 2.8v6 4motion - Misfire,engine light etc - elekie&a/c doctor

I would guess it is possible that water has got into the air intake system and damaged the mass air flow sensor.These are a common problem area for multiple misfire issues even when there is no water damage.

Cheers, somebody suggested mass air flow, I'll look into that, as its easiest!
Is there a way I can test the maf sensor ?