Ford Mondeo 2011 - Ford Mondeo 2011 Power loss and whistling noise - sharpied79

I have a 2011 Ford Mondeo 1.6 Petrol Ecoboost - had a few niggling problems with it since I bought it last year.

It's come to a head today.

Having terrible issues with loss of power (can be at any speed) feels like the car sags (weird I know) could be some very strange turbo lag as it seems to recover after a second or so. I've also noticed that when I give it some power and the turbo is obviously kicking in if I rapidly remove my foot from the accelerator I hear a loud whistling/wooshing noise...

I'm guessing it's a turbo option?

Booked it in with Ford to have a look,but earliest they can do is next Thursday...

Any ideas?

Thanks

Ford Mondeo 2011 - Ford Mondeo 2011 Power loss and whistling noise - sharpied79

Sorry I meant, turbo problem....

Ford Mondeo 2011 - Ford Mondeo 2011 Power loss and whistling noise - Peter.N.

I would suspect that a pipe from the turbo has either come off or split.

Ford Mondeo 2011 - Ford Mondeo 2011 Power loss and whistling noise - steam train

IF it's the same set up as a diesel turbo, open the bonnet and on the left hand side of the engine (driver's side) just in front of the power steering fluid reservoir, there is a big rubber pipe like a radiator hose, put your fingers behind the bend and feel for a split. If not split take off your grill (2 plastic screws) and pull out at the bottom, you'll see the bottom of the hose on the left, check the jubilee clip joint and the plastic bend into the after cooler (long radiator looking underneath the grill/bumper area) Go to the right hand side of it, check the plastic bend going into it and the jubilee clip on the rubber hose, the rubber hose goes into a steel pipe connected by another jubilee clip and then underneath the engine then up the back of the engine to the turbo, check all the joints. If it is a bad split you'll hear a compressed air noise when you're doiing 2000+ revs and lose power.