Vauxhall Zafira 2.0DTI 1999 - Intermitent Engine Management Light Issues! - jaygam69

I really hope somebody can help me please. I've trawled all the forums and unable to find a solution.

Theres a bit of a story so please bare with me..

The car was playing up a little starting and noticed alot of oil around the EGR valve at the front of the engine. I replaced the EGR and although the original was stuck in midway position it did not sort out the problem. and once fitted I had an intermitent Engine management light on but only at midrange revs (upto 2500RPM)

O.K.. so I researched..... and researched..... I've replaced the MAF sensor I've removed all of the turbo inlet and outlet pipes checked for splits or cracks (none) and cleaned them. I've replaced the fuel filter, The glow plugs for good measure, Leak off pipes, Oil level was a little high so reduced the level to correct..

I now have a car that starts ok'ish but this engine management light is still coming on the same situation (midrange revs)!@!?!?!?

Could it be the MAP sensor? I had a go at removing to check it out, but couldnt remove from the block.. Or could it be one of the three VAC solenoids? I really am at a loss and confused why this has started since i fitted the new EGR valve? If I still had the original i'd fit it to see whether it is that.. or is it that the correctly working EGR is now picking up a fault somewhere else in the system?

Please help somebody... :(

Vauxhall Zafira 2.0DTI 1999 - Intermitent Engine Management Light Issues! - mss1tw
Oil level was a little high so reduced the level to correct..

This could be oil dilution caused by diesel getting into the crankcase. Someone with more knowledge of these engines will be more help!