Any - 1975 documentary on Barry Sheene at Daytona - craig-pd130

The full 1975 documentary about Barry Sheene at the Daytona 200 has appeared on Youtube.

It's a great chance to see one of THE great motorsports documentaries, as well as close-up shots of some of the most savage, ill-tempered racing machinery ever made.

youtu.be/2Wmxus6kgMg

Any - 1975 documentary on Barry Sheene at Daytona - john farrar
Thanks for the link. The documentary bought back many memories. I raced a production 750 H2 Kawasaki at that time, we must of all been crazy...good fun though.

ooh heck, now that's a hairy machine. I had the pleasure of an all-too-short spin on a standard H2 a few years back. What a cracking bike. Whereabouts did you race?

I used to go with my dad to Oliver's Mount and Cadwell regularly to see Barry, Mick Grant, Barry Ditchburn, the Chattertons and others.

I can STILL picture Barry on his TR Suzi and Mick on his H2 Kawa wailing side-by-side up the hill from Mere hairpin. Once heard, never forgotten :)

Any - 1975 documentary on Barry Sheene at Daytona - Oli rag

Fantastic , haven't seen that in years, thanks for that.

Once had the pleasure of meeting Mick Grant in Kawasaki World South Shields, nice guy, he signed my crash helmet for me.

Would love to own a standard Kawasaki H2 or a GT 750 kettle. fantastic bikes even with their "hinged frames".

Being a Surrey boy , I mainly raced at Brands and Lydden(NOT a godd cicuit for an H2). The quickest bloke on a Production Kawasaki was Tom Pemberton on a H1 500, quicker than most 750s round a circuit, even though mine had extra welding all around the headstock, swinging arm etc. I used to Sprnt the same bike at Santa Pod, best time was 11.9secs at 112mph...not quite standard!
Best sounding bike has to be Hailwood on the 6... quite unbelievable.

Oh Happy Days...drifting off with a grin on my face.

11.9 is a b***** good time, how much was the motor modified?

I've heard Mr Redman blasting the 250-6 around the Mount, which is a treasured memory :)

Also, the Boret brothers' Konig outfit used to sound like hell on wheels. Awesome racket.

11.9 is a b***** good time, how much was the motor modified?

2.5 mm off piston skirts, 1.5 mm wider and higher exhaust port. Air box modified, Exhaust system with modified back "silencer" section plus shortened front pipes(which also jacked up the whole system for ground clearance).Cylinder heads skimmed and reprofiled to give a tight "squish".

All difficult to see from the outside!