Renault Kangoo diesel 59 plate - Car vibrates following oil change!!!! - cascarve

Previously trouble free Kangoo now vibrates through steering wheel/seat and pedal following oil change at 42k.( the service countdown on the dash indicated a symbol that looks like a container with a droplet over it, which i was advised indicated that the engine detected that the oil needed changed despite being 4k miles short of next service interval) Subtle change but enough for me to notice and on longer journeys can result in "pins and needles" and nausea. Unfortunately the main Renault garage sevice manager where the car is serviced doesnt think there is a problem following a 5 minute road test and diagnostic engine test. The vibration is immediately apparent to me when starting up, so think he was just humouring me by testing the engine as he could not detect what i feel on starting, and is certainly not feeling "shaken" up afte only a 5 minute journey.

The engine was not "flushed" this time whereas it has been up till now. Yesterday when starting up in -7C i could definately differentiate between the engine noise and the "vibration" noise when de-icing the windows. Any ideas PLEASE!!!! It is a classic case of customer having a problem that the garage doesnt recognise, and so where do i go from here! Throuroughly fed up!

Renault Kangoo diesel 59 plate - Car vibrates following oil change!!!! - Peter.N.

The vibration is unlikely to be a fault with the engine, its more likely to be a mounting problem causing excessive vibration to be transmitted to the body, could be a defective engine/gearbox mount or the exhaust system touching the body somewhere. Does it change with the revs or is it the same all the time?

Renault Kangoo diesel 59 plate - Car vibrates following oil change!!!! - cascarve

Peter, it is definately more noticeable when the car is at rest, as it is then independant of any input through the car from moving along the road. When the car is very cold you can see the steering wheel vibrating and feel it through the seat. Revs definately doesnt make it worse. The vibration is subtle, but ever present , as when you switch off it feels like you have just switched off a massager without having been aware that it was on in the first place, but very aware that it has stopped and that it is a relief that it has! It is a very strange sensation but not pleasant at all ! Of course the car has now run out of warranty, so if the last service did not cause the fault through shoddy work i guess i will have to pay them until they A. admit that there is a problem B. find it C. fix it ? Any more input would be very welcome !

Renault Kangoo diesel 59 plate - Car vibrates following oil change!!!! - gordonbennet

Peter N sounds on the right track .

I'd be jacking car up and inspecting engine mounts etc first assuming a regular misfire isn't apparent.

Renault Kangoo diesel 59 plate - Car vibrates following oil change!!!! - Andrew-T

Must be something like that. Look underneath for foreign objects jammed in strange places. In the long-ago days when our family drove Minis, one came back from a job with a ring spanner still hanging on a nut .... I added it to my toolkit.

Difficult to think what might remain after a simple oil change, but could the car have been jacked under the engine? :-(

Renault Kangoo diesel 59 plate - Car vibrates following oil change!!!! - Peter.N.

I wouldn't have thought so unless it slipped off the jack of course, the exhaust system could have been bent which would put it under stress. I once had a stone jammed in the gearbox mounting which effectively short circuited it.