Audi A3 - Audi a3 agu engine shaking missfiring - a3-1998-18t
My 1998 audi a3 1.8t is off the road due to a missfire and violent shaking it sounds like a subaru and performs poorly,it has a str8 thru custom exhaust,i dnt know if this plays any part in the cause of the fault, basicly i noticed for a while the car felt like it was pullin bk for a slight second every now n then,then i was driving up a steep hill and all of a sudden it started to missfire so i headed home,i hav had a mAte briefly look at it and plug it in it came up with no fault codes, he switched all plugs over and came to the conclusion 1 isnt working he said he needs to do further tests on it as he suspects possibly a valve blown? Is this expensive Nd does it sound likely to be the problem? I saw posts from screwloose n cach on here please get in touch i need help as its been off road 6 months now as i was made redundant and couldnt afford to risk a repair that wouldnt fix it im also based in berks,maidenhead,please somebody help me if u can cure or help me fix it i will giv u a drink,my mAte wants to compression test it? Does this sound correct process ?
Audi A3 - Audi a3 agu engine shaking missfiring - jc2
,my mAte wants to compression test it? Does this sound correct process ?

Yes!

Audi A3 - Audi a3 agu engine shaking missfiring - Roly93

A compression test would be the correct course of action for this. It would cost very little or nothing and if 1 is low it would mean definate surgery is required on the cyl head valves etc.