contractual payment charge - gimmepeace

today i have been issued with a £60 charge and £100 if not paid in 14 days. this notice was put on my car in my bay that is alloted to me where i live and my permit must have blown off the dash board on closing the door, the parasite that issued this ticket never spelled the address correctly where my car was, any way that i can get off this

contractual payment charge - Armitage Shanks {p}

Has the person who issued the ticket got any proof that your permit was not on display? A minor spelling error in the paperwork in not usualy a get out. FWIIW I keep a small blob of Bluetack to secure a ticket on the dashboard.

contractual payment charge - gimmepeace

i dont know what proof they have but would think they usually take a photo, but that space is allocated to me at my address where i live and i pay a weekly charge in my rent, the ticket had blown off onto the floor, just so enraged.

contractual payment charge - Armitage Shanks {p}

Right - ask them what proof they have and to produce it. If they know you and the reg of your car and you were parked in your allocated space they are being VERY petty IMO.

What organisation issued the ticket, was there signage in the parking area explaining the rules, whether you knew them or not? Note a recent court case where a firm employed by Wickes to control parking and issue penalty notices had NOT been authorised by Wickes to collect the money - fault in the contractual arangements.

tinyurl.com/buav3t4

Ne illegitimis carborundum = Don't let the b*********s grind you down!

contractual payment charge - martint123

but that space is allocated to me at my address where i live and i pay a weekly charge in my rent, the ticket had blown off onto the floor, just so enraged.

What would be your reaction if someone else had parked in your space? would you want them ticketed?

contractual payment charge - Bromptonaut

At the moment you'ce had a ticket because you were in a residents bay but not showing your permit.

The site manager could enforce by using known registration numbers but that will bring its own problem with changes of vehicle, courtesy cars, pool car drivers etc.

Try writing to them explaining what happened.

If they don't accept that then wait for court proceedings - they're going to be reluctant to push it I think.

contractual payment charge - TeeCee

The site manager could enforce by using known registration numbers but that will bring its own problem with changes of vehicle, courtesy cars, pool car drivers etc.

The fact that they have access to the address of the registered keeper would provide an obvious and simple mechanism for determining whether or not a given vehicle is entitled to be there(!)

The fact that they're sending a ticket to such an address merely serves to show what a bunch of monumental steaming idiots they are.....

contractual payment charge - daveyjp
Which company?

there's No need to 'get off' anything. Its a speculative invoice, just ignore the paperwork.

We are currently at letter two from a bunch of scammers trying it on with us.

Edited by daveyjp on 13/02/2013 at 19:19