Ford Ka - Moving out in a couple of months, Insurance query! - BritishEagle

I have had a good browse on the internet however I am unable to find a clear answer to a query I am having, probably due to the complexity of it!

I have a car which is registered in my mum's name and she is listed as the registered keeper but I use the car primarily. I have discussed with my insurer last year and they said it not a problem I just had to be the main driver with my mum as a named driver on my policy rather than it being the other way round.

This was great as it kept the cost down whilst allowing me to get my own no claims bonus but I am moving in with my partner in June/ July and I was wondering how to apply for my insurance. Do I have to change the car into my name? Can my mum still remain on my insurance policy?

Obviously I plan to change my address etc I just wondered if it would be an issue that my mum is legal owner!

Thanks in advance.

Ford Ka - Moving out in a couple of months, Insurance query! - daveyjp
Its not a problem, just answer all questions correctly as your situation is catered for.

Registered keeper can still be your mum, main driver you, other drivers whoever you name, place where car is kept is your new address.

Of course you may want to change the registered keeper if it means a cheaper premium.
Ford Ka - Moving out in a couple of months, Insurance query! - martint123

You may well get a problem (premium hike) if it is not kept at the registered keepers address. You are lucky getting reasonable cover as it is because I always ran into trouble with the question "are you the registered keeper" at which point the web engines used to say "unable to quote"