Nissan Almera - Help with Nissan Almera - Almeraowner31

6 months ago had cam sensor replaced folloiwng EML coming on. Had no problems for 6 months and then had trouble starting the car and cutting out whilst driving. When cut out did start again pretty much straight away however driving has been very jerky and feels like no power in getting up to speed. The car has since failed to start at all now however we removed the crank shaft sensor, started ignition and car started straight away. Turned ignition of, replaced the sensor can car started again perfectly and drove perfectly with no juddering etc. Started car an hour later and againstill fine however come next morning back to not starting. Did the same thing again with the sensors and again started fine but next day failed to start. Anyone have any ideas. Have been told its the timing chain but would the car still drive perfectly (when first started) if this was the problem.

Any advice much appreciated. Thanks in advance

Nissan Almera - Help with Nissan Almera - Collos25

Have you checked the crankshaft sensor when these start to break down they cause exactly the problems you state but also so does a stretched timing chain and they do not always rattle to show they are faulty.

Nissan Almera - Help with Nissan Almera - bathtub tom

Age and engine would help, in the meantime have you seen this recent thread? www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=99424

Almera dedicated forums also exist.

Nissan Almera - Help with Nissan Almera - Almeraowner31

Its a 2003, 1.5 almera S with 90K mileage. I've had it looked at but the we've not checked the timing chain.

Nissan Almera - Help with Nissan Almera - Collos25

Sometimes you can get away with fitting a modified chain tensioner if it has not one fitted these allow I think upto 5mm more tension.

Nissan Almera - Help with Nissan Almera - bathtub tom

Sometimes you can get away with fitting a modified chain tensioner if it has not one fitted these allow I think upto 5mm more tension.

That's a new one on me, can you give more details please?