How to get the best price from a dealer - gramfin

Has anybody got any tips on how to get the best price on a car from a dealer? I will be a cash buyer with no part exchange and my budget is 7k. How can I maximise the amount of discount I can leverage?

How to get the best price from a dealer - RT

Has anybody got any tips on how to get the best price on a car from a dealer? I will be a cash buyer with no part exchange and my budget is 7k. How can I maximise the amount of discount I can leverage?

Know what the car you want to buy is worth, not what's on the screen - and learn to negotiate, silence is a good starting point !

How to get the best price from a dealer - countryroads

Are you looking at a new or used car because it makes a big difference as a cash buyer..

Also if the salesperson knows that if a deal can be reached you will be buying a car, he or she will be much more ready to negotiate...dont be too coy about coming forward, its not a trick, they will be trying to find out if you are serious.

How to get the best price from a dealer - tony g
How can I maximise the amount of discount I can leverage?

Find a dealer that's charging more than others for his car ,then buy a car that nobody else wants .

You'll get a really good discount that way .
How to get the best price from a dealer - Graham567

I have posted this link before but its still and enlightening read.

www.carbuyingguide.org.uk/

How to get the best price from a dealer - 72 dudes

Some say dealers will be more willing to negotiate towards the month-end. Salesmen chasing targets and bonuses.

Probably applies more to franchised dealers