Selection of images from the latest weather - JonestHon

All these images are from the DailyMail of the last few days. Can anyone tell what similar in all the pics? is the Daily Mail have something against certain brands, surely there were few other models involved in accidents due to the weather.

i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/01/18/article-2264363...g

i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/01/21/article-2265750...g

i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/01/20/article-2265333...g

i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/01/20/article-2265333...g

i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/01/19/article-2264917...g

i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/01/21/article-2265750...g

Selection of images from the latest weather - John Boy

Can anyone tell what similar in all the pics?

Isn't it simply that they're all cars which the Daily Mail would expect it's readers to aspire to? Therefore, said readers will be more shocked to see them in accidents or in the case of one (photographed twice) an accident waiting to happen. If they were Fords or Vauxhalls etc, they wouldn't look twice.

Selection of images from the latest weather - 72 dudes

Funny that two of them are four wheel drives too. No excuse.

Selection of images from the latest weather - madf

Funny that two of them are four wheel drives too. No excuse.

A 4x4 is no use in snow if it has no winter tyres.

Lots of them go off round here.. drivers think they are invincible but the laws of physics as applied to the summer rubber they usually wear are the same for all vehicles...

Selection of images from the latest weather - Happy Blue!

I certainly learnt the hard way that 4x4 means it is easier to go, but just as hard to stop! Unless one has winter tyres on.

I also learnt that there are times when switching off the Traction Control on my Subaru was a far better way to climb up a snowy hill than leaving it on. The wheels spun but without being 'braked' wore a nice hole down to the tarmac and propelled me forward.

Probably wore some rubber out mind.

Edited by Happy Blue! on 22/01/2013 at 11:10

Selection of images from the latest weather - thunderbird

I also learnt that there are times when switching off the Traction Control on my Subaru was a far better way to climb up a snowy hill than leaving it on.

On our 1 series the DSC has 3 settings, default is full DSC which in snow when you need a little wheelspin sometimes to keep moving is useless. The second is the "driving god" position where TC and ESP are off and its up to you, never felt the need to try it. The third is what BMW refer to in the manual as the posiion that helps get you moving in snow, a short tap on the DSC button enables it. And it actually does work but I have only used it as an aid to get moving, once on my way I return to the default position.