2002 - Ford Focus ZX3 brakes seizing - Annamal

Help???

I bought this car two months ago. Daughter was driving, Brakes seized. I towed it in, had back brakes replaced. Was fine for two days. Daughter had it again,,,,seized gain, back bearings and cables replaced. Fine again for few days. Seized. Noticed front passenger side was hot. Did some research, replaced calipers. Pads looked new, like really new as in never engaged. checked hoses seemed ok. drove ok for few days. seized!!!! Im frustrated. Pedal doesnt go to floor rather just seized too. Hard to push. No brake fulid loss. front hoses maybe? Master? I'm just a girl.....lol

2002 - Ford Focus ZX3 brakes seizing - Collos25

Hoses are very deceptive they can deteriorate in such a way that they act as a one way valve and eventually they cease the caliper.But in your case if I assume correctly more than one brake caliper is ceasing which seems to point to a fault in the ABS,servo or master cylinder building up pressure when the pedal is pressed but not releasing.I would start by changing all the flexi hoses as a matter of course then you require some expert advice regarding the other parts as these are quite expensive to replace.

2002 - Ford Focus ZX3 brakes seizing - Annamal

replacing hoses on front. It is the passenger front brake that seems to be the issue. Going to replace both and hope it works. I will post either way!! Hopefully not from the side of the road. Fingers crossed. Thank you Collos25.

2002 - Ford Focus ZX3 brakes seizing - bathtub tom

Could the servo be causing this?

Disconnect the vacuum hose, pump the brake pedal a few times to empty the vacuum reservoir and carefully try it again. BE WARNED YOU'LL HAVE NO ASSISTANCE FOR BRAKING AND IT WILL FEEL LIKE SOMEONE'S PUT A BRICK UNDER THE BRAKE PEDAL!