peugot 307 sw - peugot 307 sw temperature issue's - tomcatvmp

hi all. i have been having an issue with my car, firstly just before xmas (during the cold snap) the incar heater system packed up. or at least it was working intermitently. it finally gave up and after much trawling of the internet my son and i tried to remove the blower motor as most of the advice about this issue was pointing to that. we couldnt remove it having struggled to get most of the dash off. anyway we rang a friend who advised us that just above the clutch there is a panel remove it and there is a green connector with wires, we literally just fiddled with this and hey presto the fan kicked into life, unfortunatley only for one day then it became intermittent again. no amount of fiddling with these wires kicks it in anymore. just after xmas i noticed that the temp gauge was too hot, i checked the water and it was empty, so i filled it up and used the car for the day.on my return i checked it again and it was empty again. i filled it up and checked for rad leaks etc but cannot see any sign of leaks. the car was used for a week like this having to top up the water at regular intervals. tonight on driving it the temperature gauge was too hot despite the tank being full of water. in fact the gauge was behaving quite erraticly. I am no expert but i checked the oil for tell tail signs of head gasket issues but no brown gunk is present. has anyone got any thoughts on what might be the issue?Thanks in advance.

peugot 307 sw - peugot 307 sw temperature issue's - tomcatvmp

think i put this in wrong forum admin, apologies.