Honda Accord Tourer 2005 Petrol 2lr - Rear disc brake pads binding - Speedex

Rear disc pads on my Accord fail to release properly every now and then - not usually both at same time. Calipers have been cleaned and checked over several times - brake fluid changed at service last August. Someone has said that the ABS control unit has been a problem on Accords - is this correct, and if an inherent problem, why hasn't Honda done something about it?

Honda Accord Tourer 2005 Petrol 2lr - Rear disc brake pads binding - focussed

I have had the same problem recently on my 07 2.2 Civic. I did a brake pad renewal front and back and found that the pad mounts were corroding underneath the wear plates and closing up the gap and trapping the pads. Cleaned up and coated with never seez underneath the wear plate to help stop it happening again. The brakes now perform as they should.

Honda Accord Tourer 2005 Petrol 2lr - Rear disc brake pads binding - Cyd

FOC is quite right. This happens on all cars, especially on rear brakes, but also on fronts. The combination of corrosive elements in brake pad dust and road dirt and water and heat generated by brakes conspire to 'gum up' the pads where they slide in their carriers. Remove to the bench and clean up all surfaces and reassemble with copperslip at least every two years.

Honda Accord Tourer 2005 Petrol 2lr - Rear disc brake pads binding - Collos25

There is a known issue with the ABS on this model just google the site for hundreds of problems .

Honda Accord Tourer 2005 Petrol 2lr - Rear disc brake pads binding - Cyd

Are you telling us you know of a problem with this cars ABS which keeps the rear brakes pressurized thus not allowing the pads to release? Care to illucidate?

I found 9 other threads about Accord brakes and the only one which had similar symptons to thsi was pads seized in their carriers that simply needed a clean up.