Chrysler Grand Voyager - Oil light comes on then cutting out - travis68
Hi got got a grand voyager 3.3 petrol all was fine till today oil light comes on then cutting out
Chrysler Grand Voyager - Oil light comes on then cutting out - bathtub tom

Have you checked the oil level?

Chrysler Grand Voyager - Oil light comes on then cutting out - jamie745

I second this as a good place to begin the investigation.

Yes done all the simple stuff oil light comes on goes out then car cuts out
Chrysler Grand Voyager - Oil light comes on then cutting out - Collos25

If the oil pump has gone then it will cut out on low oil pressure but it could be a simple electrical fault not the best of vehicles to work on.

Well drove the car today and it didn't do it wast very far about 5 miles if oil pressure low thought it might have done it when warm this problem came out of no where could it be the oil pressure switch ? Not sure what way to go now never had a problem with this car
Chrysler Grand Voyager - Oil light comes on then cutting out - Avant

Moved to Technical.

Chrysler Grand Voyager - Oil light comes on then cutting out - Collos25

Install a new oil pressure switch and see if it cures the problem if its not that then you are in to expensive territory.

Drove car for 20 miles no warning lights here's hoping its a switch
Chrysler Grand Voyager - Oil light comes on then cutting out - Cyd

Given how vital the oil feed is to the health of your engine, why not buy a cheap oil pressure guage off eBay and check that your pump is actually delivering what it's supposed to. Or take the car to a local garage and ask them to perform such a check and test the pressure switch too? Even if this costs you £100, it's peanuts compared to the possibility of there being an actual oil supply problem in your engine. Bearing or ring failure due to oil starvation will leave you needing a rebuild.

In the first instance, I believe in assuming that the oil warning light is doing what it is supposed to, not that it is faulty.

Yes great idea anyone know what psi or Barr should be at on idle and engine running on rev I know it will have to be at running temp

Most pressure switches will operate at around 5-7 psi. Obviously the running oil pressure will vary from engine to engine, but in the absence of model specific information I'd be looking to see at least 20psi at 2000rpm at normal operating temperature.

What's the condition of the oil like? Level ok? Is it changed regularly? Maybe you've got a partially blocked pickup?

Carry out your pressure check first. If this seems ok, perform an oil change with a full flush (a flush compound in the old oil, then run with a proper flushing oil in it for 1/2 hour, something like Comma Flush Out, then refill with quality oil. I also use a dedicated filter for my flushes). Then keep the pressure guage connected and keep an eye on it whilst driving, apart from dropping back at idle you should see the pressure remain steady).

Well hers a update car broke down last night same problem oil light coming on w hen braking then cuts out drove fine for days done 300 miles with no problems broke down last night left it over night collected it today started drove fine all the way home so getting the sump off now sick of it

I'm puzzled by the apparent lack of any investigative work to show that removing the sump is the next logical step.

Have you checked the working oil pressure? the operation of the low pressure switch? the wiring?