Dealers - how bad can they be ? - borasport20
How come they can't get the simplest of things right ?

Tuesday am - call at VW dealers near homefor a pair of radio extraction keys. parts department say VW wont allow them to sell them 'for security reasons'
Tuesday lunch - ring Vw dealers near work who say we haven't got any, but they'll order some in for tomorrow morning.'Do I have to come down and order them or can I give you my credit card number' I ask - 'Oh, don't bother. people are always asking for them, we need some for stock' was the reply
Weds Lunch, VW dealers near work - 'I've come for some radio keys' - 'did you order them' - 'no' - 'They're not here yet - maybe tomorrow or friday'
Thurs lunch, VW dealers near work - 'Are those radio keys in yet?' - 'did you order them' - 'no, you said you'd be getting some for stock' - 'they shouldn't have said that - would you like to order some' - 'Yes - can you recommend a good VW dealer ?'

To think we trust them to keep our cars safe

Dealers - how bad can they be ? - Tim Allcott
Try ebay: I just got a pair. Purchased on 'Buy now' Friday a.m., arrived Saturday am.
7.50 UKP ; don't know how thta compares with what Main agent's are charging.
Our local dealer cheesed me off : I didn't think the siren on the alarm was working. He assured me (more than once) that it was. When fitting the CD changer I found the siren horn near the back seat (disconnected) and and after marker alarm siren fitted (also disconnected) SO when the alarm goes off, the hazards flash ; and that's it!

Tim
Dealers - how bad can they be ? - Shigg
Well years ago I worked for company than ran a couple of leased diesel Astravans. On one of the sevices the driver went to collect the van, signed at the desk collect the keys and got in the drivers seat to find a cambelt on the passenger seat. So he went back to the service desk to find out about the cambelt, the answer being that they didn't have time to fit it (the van had been in all day on a booked service) but not to worry the belt was up to going over the specified mileage. Well it would seem it wasn't, about 1500 miles later the cambelt failed on the Woodhead Pass whilst overtaking a lorry. I think it cost the dealership around 2.5k for the replacement engine and I guess they had to pay for the hire we had in the meantime.

Steve.
Dealers - how bad can they be ? - vercin
Hmm

Nothing as dramatic but hows this for size:
1) Dealer Cracked front windscreen when the surounding rubber trim was replaced. Claimed it was like that when the car came in!! Oh no it wasnt.
2) Car comes back from service with extra scatches on bodywork.
3) dealer cant be bothered to plug electric power supply back to front seat after working on seat belt.

All different main dealers, same car.

We now own a different make

regards

vercin
Dealers - how bad can they be ? - Keith S
Sounds like Vau***ll dealers to me
Dealers - how bad can they be ? - Pete
Sounds like F**t dealer to me, several of them in fact.
Dealers - how bad can they be ? - FergusTheDog
Many, many moons ago I had a BMW which broke down and was taken to a dealer for warranty repair.

During the day they contacted me for the radio code.

When I got there I was paying off the taxi when I saw one of their people drive my car into a low wall! They swore blind that the bumper damage was there all the time. Luckily I had the taxi driver as a witness.

The radio never worked again. It had been removed and the wired up incorrectly when replaced. never did find out why they took it out in the first place.

The car broke down with the same fault on the way home.

Six months later they were still chasing me for the VAT on the warranty repair on the grounds that I worked for a VAT registered company and they could reclaim it!!!