Vauxhall corsa D - Won,t run above 1000 revs - steve09

Can anybody help. My wife’s Vauxhall corsa D (1300 diesel - 09 plate) will not rev above 1000 revs. When started it kicks out a lot of smoke and idles just below 1000 revs. Putting your foot on the throttle makes no difference. The engine will not rev up.at all. This problem started a few weeks ago. It happened 3 times in a week. After the engine was switched off for about 5 minutes and then re-started it was ok. Since then its been for a service The same problem occurred last week but managed to get it going a few minutes later. This time (Monday gone) the problem has come back. This time the problem is persisting. Will only rev at about 1000 and kicks out a lot of smoke. Had to get car recovered to local garage. They got someone in and linked an expensive diagnostic machine to it. No faults show up. No faults (or codes) on the dash. Headgasket ok. No contamination in fuel. The diagnostic man does not know what is wrong with it. The garage don’t know what’s wrong. Can anybody help me ???

Vauxhall corsa D - Won,t run above 1000 revs - Cyd

Check that the exhaust is not blocked. A collapsed silencer internals could cause this. An easy check is to disconnect the exhaust forward of the front box (or cat, as this could have collapsed too) and run the engine up.

Vauxhall corsa D - Won,t run above 1000 revs - Peter.N.

I would concur.

Vauxhall corsa D - Won,t run above 1000 revs - Cyd

The description above doesn't leave one with much faith in the garage concerned. Seems these days that Motor Technicians are completely left floundering by any fault that cannot be diagnosed with a laptop.

I think you need to find another garage. One run by someone in his 60s who understands how a car works.

Vauxhall corsa D - Won,t run above 1000 revs - vsick

Air leak on the diesel supply pipe.

Vauxhall corsa D - Won,t run above 1000 revs - etaf

i know this is somewhat old now, but my Zafira 2l DTI , has just started doing the same thing

yesterday broke down and breakdown team, would not go above 1000 revs, and smoke/black/blue from exhaust - they took it to a centre to put on a flat bed , and it was looked at and worked

drove 80miles all OK

drove around today and was OK

then stopped again at store carpark

checked the EGR valve actuator and it was free and moved OK with engine running , it would not move - so solenoid is working,

we stated to move it to go home slowly and it suddenly cleared

so now at home

set to high revs 2000 and wiggled every pipe and cable I could get to and see if engine would change and no looks fine

still has oil in

so planning to clean out the EGR on Monday (£320 to get a part)

But would be good to know if it was the exhast or EGR or something else , i can at least have a look and good to hear from someone who has exact same symtoms

thanks

Vauxhall zafira 2l dti - Micky-BO

Replace the brake light switch on your zafira a very common fault on these and causes the problems you describe Hth Regards Mickeybo

Vauxhall corsa D - Won,t run above 1000 revs - Sivagenga Thangavel

Did you get this resolved i have same problem. Got the diesal filter changed same problem.

Vauxhall corsa D - Won,t run above 1000 revs - Sivagenga Thangavel

Did you get this resolved i have same problem. Got the diesal filter changed same problem.

Vauxhall corsa D - Won,t run above 1000 revs - SDA 10

I have exactly the same problem as the original post, did anybody get to the bottom of it, replaved the turbo, disconnected the exhaust and changed the fuel filter, im running out of options.

Astra 1.3 CDTI 2011