Ford Focus - Starting Problems - burkeyboy91

Good Evening,

I have been having trouble with my 02 Focus 1.8 TDCI, the first start of everyday seems to be a struggle, afterwards she starts first time without hiccup. Hence I was recommended to change the Glow Plugs, so I did and it was improved slightly for about a day or two.

I did have a slight coolant leak, which I was advised was internal, so on the premise that a potentially cracked head gasket could allow moisture in I used Steel Seal to stop the leak, of which I can I highly recommend. This still has not solved my problem.

I did change the camshaft position sensor to the new 12v one, but not the new wiring harness. Would the new wiring harness help this?I was looking at the release from Ford, they seem to suggest that any starting problems and also intermittent hesitation on acceleration are linked to the CPS and wiring. I do experience both symptoms.

My car was in the garage today for another reason, linked to those wonderful potholes, the detriment of British roads. They linked it up to the diagnostic computer to look as to why she was struggling to start, it came up with Crankshaft Sensor and Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor faults.

I also believe did a ECU upgrade to assist with starting issues, is this correct?

Also the heater seems to take an awfully long time to get up to temperature, even though the temperature gauge on the engine is up to normal after about 10-15 mins of casual city driving.

I have tried to give you all the information I can regarding the car and any advice would be brilliant.