Vauxhall Corsa - Waterpump failure on my corsa - laxon
Hi, 10 days ago I took my vauxsall corsa into my local main dealer in Birkenhead. I had a full service, engine flush and coolant flush. Last week it broke down and the dealer have told me the engine has burnt out, due to a faulty waterpump which has caused the engine to overheat. The car had no problems 10days ago before they did this work and now I'm left with a bill for a new engine? Can u give me any advise?  
Vauxhall Corsa - Waterpump failure on my corsa - Collos25

You will have a problem blaming the garage you can try,is there not a temp gauge on the dashboard to ruin an engine you have to really overheat it.

No there is no temp gauge on this model. If the dealer didn't bleed the system fully could air locks of caused this? And also should the coolant system be checked when a coolant flush is done?

Did the Garage do a coolant flush and why would it take so long for the problem to materialize.

Yeah they did a coolant and engine flush as per their recommendation. I haven't done many miles since they did this. Is it a big coincidence that days after this job was done my coolant system failed?

I would think you have a good claim against the garage if all the facts are as you say, I would first contact the garage and see what they say or are prepared to do as far as costs are concerned .

Edited by Collos25 on 10/12/2012 at 21:40