Honda Jazz - Jacking Point for 2011 Honda Jazz - mikedoggart

I have bought a set of winter tyres and wheels for my wife's 2011 Honda Jazz but there is no jack supplied with this car. I have a hydraulic trolley jack but am unsure of the best place on the car to position it. Can anyone recommend a suitable place?

Edited by mikedoggart on 10/12/2012 at 09:48

Honda Jazz - Jacking Point for 2011 Honda Jazz - thunderbird

If you read the manual it will show you the jacking points. If you are still unsure a visit to the local dealer should show you. If the jacking points are under the sills it may be necessary to use suitable blocks to prevent damage to the car.

Honda Jazz - Jacking Point for 2011 Honda Jazz - madf

The Jazz's jack rests in the rear spare wheel well.. under the rear door catch.. Cunningly hidden.

The jacking points on front and rear sills are approx 25cms in from each wheel arch and can easily be identifed on inspection with a torch when in grovelling mode:-)

Honda Jazz - Jacking Point for 2011 Honda Jazz - mikedoggart

Thanks for these replies. I have used a trolley jack on sill jacking points before but I was thinking more about the locations used by tyre fitters to avoid any possibility of damaging the lower seam. I also assumed that because there is no spare tyre there would be no jack but I've just had a look and there it is! So now I have two options for jacking up to change the wheels and I won't have to crawl about to locate the jack underneath the car. Result!

Edited by mikedoggart on 11/12/2012 at 09:25

Honda Jazz - Jacking Point for 2011 Honda Jazz - thunderbird

Thanks for these replies. I have used a trolley jack on sill jacking points before but I was thinking more about the locations used by tyre fitters to avoid any possibility of damaging the lower seam. I also assumed that because there is no spare tyre there would be no jack but I've just had a look and there it is! So now I have two options for jacking up to change the wheels and I won't have to crawl about to locate the jack underneath the car. Result!

But you don't damage the sill seams if you use (or make) a suitable block to protect the seam. Unfortunately most independant don't give a monkeys and simply damage the car by putting the trolley jck on the seam or an unstrengthened part of the underbody.

Honda Jazz - Jacking Point for 2011 Honda Jazz - TeeCee

If just needing to change wheels, I usually jack under the spring pans with a trolley jack if possible - i.e. if wheelarches for removal and clearance beneath the springs for the jack both permit.

That way I only have to jack the few inches to get the wheel off the floor rather than having to take up the suspension travel first. Both quicker and far less liable to "jack creep".

For repeated swapping of all four wheels, an electric impact wrench is a godsend. I have a nice chinese-made object that zips off and on all the wheel nuts in seconds. Quick check with torque wrench - job done. Far more convenient than running up the compressor to use the windy gun.

Honda Jazz - Jacking Point for 2011 Honda Jazz - madf

The jacking point on teh Jazz is specially strengthened. To damage it requires ineptness which even a tyre fitter might struggle with.