Citroen Berlingo Multispace - 1.9D won't start after battery change - mss1tw

I searched as well as possible using the forum search tool, but couldn't find any related topics.

I just changed the battery in my 2004 Berlingo, and now it won't start.

It turns over (Much better now!) but does not start.

The genuine Citroen RCL fob still unlocks/locks, but now it will not start the vehicle.

Is there a re-coding sequence?

Thanks for any help!

Citroen Berlingo Multispace - 1.9D won't start after battery change - Collos25

Are you sure you have connected all the cables,

How do you mean? The positive and negative are definitely connected as it turns over, all dash lights come on, but it won't fire.

The symptoms are the same as trying a key that hasn't been coded to the vehicle.

I just tried a BSI reset and it didn't help. :o(

Citroen Berlingo Multispace - 1.9D won't start after battery change - elekie&a/c doctor

Disconnect the battery and leave for 5 mins.Reconnect battery and then turn on ignition only for another 5 mins .Do not try to crank engine during this period.This allows the various control units to re-learn.Then ignition off and try to re-start.hth

Thanks elekie I will try that now!

Time to hang my head in shame, I forgot to re-connect the seperate lead that is bolted to the positive battery clamp.

Hopefully this may help someone else in future!

Thanks to all who replied. :o)

Citroen Berlingo Multispace - 1.9D won't start after battery change - Collos25

There is sometimes a small wire connected to the positive that controls certain control functions such as the alarm and it is easily dropped and not re connected .

NOW I know what you meant!! :-D

Thanks collos