07 Mazda 6 2.0 TS Diesel - Loss of Power: 2007 Mazda 6 2.0 TS Diesel - PaulR17

Hello all,

I found an email in the forum describing the exact problem that I'm experiencing, but unfortunately there isn't a final resolution or update (if there was one!).

07 2.0 Loss of power, DPF flashes,TCS on, MAF sens - Nitrox

The problem is after approximately 30-40 miles on the motorway at 70 - 80 mph, using the cruise control or not, the power drops off. It's particularly noticeable on hills / inclines. I can drop it to 4th/5th gear and drive at 50-60mph to get home. It first happened a week before a service/MOT. They did a static DPF regeneration and oil/filter change. Oil levels weren't excessively high (below "F"), and I've always had the low ash oil put in. This didn't cure it. "Current" fuel consumption readings as I drive are good suggesting that the DPF isn't trying to regenerate as I'm driving. The error code said "mass air flow sensor". I had that changed, but the problem is still there. Driving to and from work etc is a 15-20 minute drive and the car performs fine. No warning lights have been displayed.

Has anyone had a similar experience and if so what was the resolution?

Many Thanks

Paul

07 Mazda 6 2.0 TS Diesel - Loss of Power: 2007 Mazda 6 2.0 TS Diesel - ants001

hi i have a 6 and ive just had the DPF removed the mass air changed the ecu remaped for the DPF removel and the power is still down im upto the cost of £300 but still working on it im taking the car back at the end of the week to be plugged back in then i should no what the problem is and i will let you no

07 Mazda 6 2.0 TS Diesel - Loss of Power: 2007 Mazda 6 2.0 TS Diesel - Collos25

I would not dispose of the DPF as you will need it fitted for the test after Feb.

07 Mazda 6 2.0 TS Diesel - Loss of Power: 2007 Mazda 6 2.0 TS Diesel - Soichiro

I would not dispose of the DPF as you will need it fitted for the test after Feb.

Well the casing anyway!