Ford fusion 1.6Tdci 2009 - Central locking wierdness - hamsterlord

Recently got a s/h fusion diesel.

When i open the driver door past 30 degress the central locking tries to activate (and fails because the door is open). As i close the door the same thing happens at exactly the same position - it does this every time.

A couple of days ago the same thing happened while i was driving along - it sounded like it was trying to lock and failed.

Normally i'd suspect the lock (which should be fairly easy to change), but the fact the central locking tries to activate at exactly the same door opening position every time has me scratching my head a bit.

Other than that, the central locking works normally.

Any ideas?

Ford fusion 1.6Tdci 2009 - Central locking wierdness - elekie&a/c doctor
I suspect there is a problem with the wiring in the door shut.possibly broken or shorted cables .Access to the wiring is a bit awkward as there is limited space also all the wires are black in colour.Removal of the door (not difficult)makes the job easier to repair or replace the wiring harness.hth
Ford fusion 1.6Tdci 2009 - Central locking wierdness - hamsterlord
I suspect there is a problem with the wiring in the door shut.possibly broken or shorted cables .Access to the wiring is a bit awkward as there is limited space also all the wires are black in colour.Removal of the door (not difficult)makes the job easier to repair or replace the wiring harness.hth

Thanks, turns out the ford uses a plug and socket to connect the door electrics - this was simply loose, so problem solved!

(Doh! thought the wires passed all the way though - didn't spot the plug at first)

thanks for the help!