Polo Variant 1999 - Car will not start - menelik

We have had this car 13 years with no major problems. Two weeks ago we had the clutch changed and note that we cant move into fifth gear - could this be a cause of the following problem:

Three days ago while driving the accelerator gauge went to zero and the car just stopped. Tried repeatedly to start - it turns over but will not crank. Had it towed and diagnostic done came up with a load of fault codes but the mechanics cant work out what is wrong? Can anyone help. We have made all the regualr cheques, fuel, batter, plugs etc etc. Any ideas we are in Ethiopia and need this car to work! Thanks

Polo Variant 1999 - Car will not start - mss1tw

We have had this car 13 years with no major problems. Two weeks ago we had the clutch changed and note that we cant move into fifth gear - could this be a cause of the following problem:

Three days ago while driving the accelerator gauge went to zero and the car just stopped. Tried repeatedly to start - it turns over but will not crank. Had it towed and diagnostic done came up with a load of fault codes but the mechanics cant work out what is wrong? Can anyone help. We have made all the regualr cheques, fuel, batter, plugs etc etc. Any ideas we are in Ethiopia and need this car to work! Thanks

I'm unsure of what you mean by accelerator gauge.

What fault codes were you given?

Do you mean it turns over but will not start?

Yes it turns over but wont start

Fault codes

01177 Engine control unit closed down status 193

01176 Key unit control closed down status 193

01-Engine Yes (faults 3)

03 ABC Brakes Yes (faults 1)

15 Airbags Yes (Faults 1)

25 Immobilzer Yes (Faults 2)

P1570 Engine Control Unit disabled Status 35

" " " Status 163

" " " Status 163

01276 ABS hydraulic pump-V64 Status 16

00532 Supply Voltage Status 135

Thanks for your reply I hope this can help you help us.

Regards Menelik

Polo Variant 1999 - Car will not start - Graham567

If you have that many fault codes then it looks like a multiplug has come undone hence generating all the fault codes.I would start looking around where the clutch has been replaced.They sound like they have dislodged a cable/plug/socket.

Had this happen on my van and after plugging the plug back in securely the faults all cleared.

Hi

Thank you very much we will do that today and let you know how we get on.

Polo Variant 1999 - Car will not start - Avant

Moved to Technical.