Toyota Lucida/Emina - No fuel at diesel injectors,glow plugs not working - miker777

I have recently acquired my brothers car which has been standing for the last 18 months since he passed away.

The car has been started a couple of times in the last 18 months, however, it won't start now.

It does kick up with easy start, but dies straight after as the fuel is not getting to the injectors.

The glow plug lights are not illuminating on the dash and I have changed the fusible link under the bonnet but to no effect.

I have read that the problem may be down to the ECU but don't want to fit one if there is a less costly remedy. I would be grateful of any advice

Toyota Lucida/Emina - No fuel at diesel injectors,glow plugs not working - Peter.N.

Could be a number of things, does it have an in tank fuel pump, if so can you hear it running when you switch the ingnition on? Try disconnecting the battery for half an hour. Could be low fuel rail presure, I take it is is common rail, don't know the car. You really need to get the fault codes read.

Toyota Lucida/Emina - No fuel at diesel injectors,glow plugs not working - miker777

I can't. Hear any pump kicking in, in fact I can't hear any solenoids kicking in or just ticking away. There is fuel coming out of the filter to the pump as I am able to pump it manually.

Toyota Lucida/Emina - No fuel at diesel injectors,glow plugs not working - madf

You have (HAVE) changed teh battery?

It is likely to have gone flat and ruined it permanently.

First port of call.

Yes I have changed the battery for a heavier duty one