Renault Clio 1.4 - Advice on a Renault Clio problem? - gmb27

Hi all,

My first post here so be gentle :-) Ok, so my problem is with a renault clio (06 plate). I've had a small issue whereby it stalls when it's idling (only when it's cold), but as soon as its warmed up a little its fine. Then last week the clutch began to slip a little but not all the time. I meant to get it looked at over the weekend but got sidetracked. Now today it judders and is intermittent with power when I'm accelerating (even gently)

Could this juddering be down to the clutch or is it likely something else? Any advice would be hugely appreciated as I've been taken for a fool by garages so many times in the past!

Thanks

Renault Clio 1.4 - Advice on a Renault Clio problem? - Fernando P

Sounds like the coolant temperature sensor needs changing as this affects the smooth running of the engine whilst it is warming up.

Renault Clio 1.4 - Advice on a Renault Clio problem? - gmb27

Thanks for replying. Would this cause a juddery drive when accelerating?

Renault Clio 1.4 - Advice on a Renault Clio problem? - Fernando P

It could well do during the engine warm up period. - "as this affects the smooth running of the engine whilst it is warming up."

Renault Clio 1.4 - Advice on a Renault Clio problem? - mark45

My car (Nissan Micra 52 plate) displayed similar symptoms which happened intermittedly:

- slow acceleration
- hard to get past 50mph in 4th gear, 3rd did not much good
- steering wheel shaking
- stalled when idle
- squeaking when reversing

and was rectified after a mech replaced the, IIRC "fuel injector valve" at a cost of £180 with a new one (from Netherlands) - was pretty miffed at the fact that's like 1/3 of the car's value!!!

Afterwards and so far the car seems faster acceleration and this problem has not reoccured. It can also go back into 5th at 35mph.

Edited by mark45 on 22/11/2012 at 03:09

Renault Clio 1.4 - Advice on a Renault Clio problem? - Avant

Moved to Technical.