Peugeot 405 Diesel - boost issue - flowerloverman

Hi , I think i have a boost leak , the kick off the turbo is less pronounced than it used to be and when running at around 3000rpm with foot down , i`m getting a hissing noise with engine slowly increasing revs, at 2200 - 2500 when the turbo kicks you can feel it but it seems to lose what boost it had up to 3000 when the hissing noise becomes very much noticeable, i have a feeling it is the turbo to intercooler hose that is the suspect and would like to replace it soon but cannot find anywhere who may be able to supply a replacement, rubber or sillicone , if anyone knows where i may obtain one or for the time being repair it all advice would be appreciated , i am unable to get to the back of the engine or under the car at the mo as i`m waiting for my axle stands to be returned , thanks in advance , simon

Peugeot 405 Diesel - boost issue - Peter.N.

Hi Simon

You may find that the pipe hasn't actually split but has seperated from the turbo, you really need to be able to get under it and have a look, do you have a friendly local garage that will let you put it on their ramp?

Peter

Peugeot 405 Diesel - boost issue - flowerloverman

Hi peter , thanks for getting back to me , most of the garages around here wont do anything for you unless they personally look themselves and then come back with silly quotes on things it may or not be, would the kick still be there if its separated as like i said you can feel it kick then as the revs get higher this hissing noise or sound of air escaping at pressure becomes apparent , if it was the pipe that needed replacing , is there anywhere i may obtain a replacement or would i be able to repair it , its a shame i dont have anyone in my area that knows about these cars as this is one area am not knowledgeable about and from the past probs i have had its been with the turbo boost system, thanks again peter, simon