fuel price AA figure. - barney100

The AA say that fuel has dropped by 9p a litre for the petrol companies but only 4p has been knocked off at the pumps. Rip off again!

fuel price AA figure. - Ethan Edwards

Oddly enough the actual cost of the fuel is fairly insignificant in the price we pay. The real elephant in the room is the tax, duty, and tax on the tax ie vat. Or the bit the gubbermint takes. That is frankly beyond greedy its bordering criminally insane.

fuel price AA figure. - RT

The AA say that fuel has dropped by 9p a litre for the petrol companies but only 4p has been knocked off at the pumps. Rip off again!

There's a bigger difference in fuel price between cheap and expensive areas - like most things it's down to supply & demand but few drivers are prepared to "shop around"

fuel price AA figure. - Bobbin Threadbare

Well it becomes psychological anyway - you spot that the Texaco has petrol on for 135ppl and then the Asda has it for 131ppl so you go to Asda for that 4p saving....even though you shouldn't be overjoyed at paying more than a pound a litre anyway!!!!

fuel price AA figure. - unthrottled

It's amazing how sensitive we are to small price variations; I go out of my way to go to Asda to save 2-3p/litre compared to the local Texaco. Over 50 litres that's a saving of £1-1.50, most of which is used going to Asda and back.

fuel price AA figure. - RickyBoy

There's a bigger difference in fuel price between cheap and expensive areas

Damn right it is!

Up here in MK (an area hardly on its knees in current economic terms) Shell Unleaded was 131.9 at the beginning of this week.

We frequently use the A413 passing Wendover, Chesham & Gerrards Cross, etc. when heading Windsor way and there's a Shell filling-station on your left just before the Little Missenden turn.

I guarantee you its prices are always around 8-10p a litre more than whatever I've paid on the day! Been that way for as long as I can recall. I honestly can't understand how it's still managing to trade, particularly as Tesco (Amersham) is only a further two miles down the road.

Unbelievable Dave...

fuel price AA figure. - RT
I honestly can't understand how it's still managing to trade, particularly as Tesco (Amersham) is only a further two miles down the road.

Easy - Tesco aren't competitive, they'll quite happily NOT undercut local outlets - unlike Asda and Morrisons