BerlingoBerlingo Multispace 1.6Hdi Manual - Rattle/Knock when switching off - cascas

I have noticed a rattle/knock when starting and switching off the engine. The rattle doesnt last long (a couple of seconds, or 4-5 knocks).

The knock isnt there all the time. i.e yesterday it happed every time I turned the engine off, and then it stops altogether, and comes back again.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what it could be? The used car expert site, suggests the engine cover, but I have checked this and all appears ok. Wouldnt have thought that this lightweight cover would cause this in any case.

I have a slight concern that it may be DMF related? Could it be the case, even though the fault is not constant?

Engine: (cover)
Test drive the car. As you turn the engine on or off, listen out for a rattle from the engine that goes away once the engine is running and continues for a second or two after the engine has been turned off. If you hear this rattle then it may be caused by failure of the engine cover studs. These can break, causing the engine cover to rattle as the engine vibrates when it has been switched on or off.

BerlingoBerlingo Multispace 1.6Hdi Manual - Rattle/Knock when switching off - Peter.N.

Could be the DMF but it could equally be an engine/gearbox mounting or the exhaust hitting something.

BerlingoBerlingo Multispace 1.6Hdi Manual - Rattle/Knock when switching off - cascas

Could be the DMF but it could equally be an engine/gearbox mounting or the exhaust hitting something.

Been trying to find out what causes it to happen ( so I can replicate when I go to to the dealer. After a bit more investigation, seems to occur when the engine is hot (quiet when cold). No noise when the bonnet is up outside the care, but heard by the person in the driver seat, seems to be on the drivers side but cant pinpoint it further. Think that the DMF is on the other side, so less likely to be the cause.