Mercedes C200 Estate - Tyre Size Difference - rfm943

I have booked my car in to a tyre depot to have my winter tyres refitted. However I happened to notice that one of the winter tyres is a different size from the other 3. The correct size is 205/55/16 but one tyre is 215/55/16. These tyres have already had two winters of use without any problem but I am a bit concerned from a safety point of view.

Following this discovery I contacted the outlet who supplied these tyres originally and they have agreed that they did fit them but they said that they have never supplied any 215/55/16 tyres of that brand so it must have been a supply problem at the manufacturer's end.

Does anyone have any knowledge of the situation and suggestions for what I should do next please?

Mercedes C200 Estate - Tyre Size Difference - Collos25

Well its down to the dealer to replace the tyre the problem you have is the wear on the other three if you fit one new tyre then it is going to be a different size to the rest.The dealer at his expense must fit a least two new tyres.

Mercedes C200 Estate - Tyre Size Difference - skidpan

If you are very lucky you may get thm to replace one tyre but doubt if you will get two. Whatever happens expect to pay for the tread you have used.

Mercedes C200 Estate - Tyre Size Difference - Ed V

If the loss to you were higher, it could make the lawyers plenty!

Mercedes C200 Estate - Tyre Size Difference - rfm943

After discussions with the tyre shop they have agreed to replace the incorrect sized tyre at riughly half the price of a new one. Given that I have driven about 20k miles on it I am accepting the offer in order to ensure that I can get the thing resolved quickly.

Mercedes C200 Estate - Tyre Size Difference - parkgap07

mercs should have larger tyres on the rear check ur hand book i think ul find this is correct both tyres on the same axel should be the same size its down to axel weight ie front to rear hope this helps

Mercedes C200 Estate - Tyre Size Difference - Collos25

Only a very very few certain models and this is not one them.