Honda CR-V 2008 - CR-V ELECTRONICS MALFUNCTION - barrwalk

I have been having a bad time with my CR-V. electronics.

In August the ACC went "off" and the car accelerated TWICE independantly. It happened once before when my son borrowed the car.

There is a history of malfunction that two main dealers have told me they cannot find. The first was in Sept 2009 when the CMBS went to off. There have been several times when this reoccurred and sometimes it was the ACC.

No faults are recorded on the vehicle computer and diagnostics cannot find this fault. Honda said they have never had a probllem like this I have been told.

Anyone else - any car or model had similar problems? It is now a large safety issue!

Honda CR-V 2008 - CR-V ELECTRONICS MALFUNCTION - Avant

Moved to Technical.

Honda CR-V 2008 - CR-V ELECTRONICS MALFUNCTION - madf

I assume you have checked the obvious and the driver floor mats are secure and not moving ?

Honda CR-V 2008 - CR-V ELECTRONICS MALFUNCTION - barrwalk

I assume you have checked the obvious and the driver floor mats are secure and not moving ?

Thanks for the suggestion that I assume is a serious one. It could account for an 'unrealised' acceleration I agree but this has happened now 3 times. The car has been to another main dealer who also cannot find any fault. BUT I am not surprised about that as it is an INTERMITTENT fault and has occurred 3 times in three years.

The battle now is to get Honda to do something about it (replace the software in the ECU or vital parts then declare the vehicle safe).

I would be dubious about them declaring the vehicle safe and up to standard as if it happened again and there was an accident there would be some liability on them.