opinions on Porsche 911 E Targa - yasin soofi
I have always wanted to own a Porsche and have found a 1969 modell 911E Targa for sale. As my knowlege of all things technical is fairly limited, I would like to hear the Backroom's opnions about this car.

What are the things that I should watch out for? What kind of running costs should I expect?

regards

Yasin Soofi
Oslo, Norway
Re: opinions on Porsche 911 E Targa - Ian Aspinall
A friend of mine was looking for a classic Porsche a couple of years ago. He was warned off the 911 Targa on the basis of leaks and rigidity problems. Ended up buying a near-mint Californian import 1967 912 for £7K - same shape with a 1600 engine, so you get the classic looks with lower purchase price and running costs. Worth considering maybe?

I know he's always found Porsche Club GB helpful - contact details are in the Directories section of this site, or see their own website at www.porscheclub.co.uk/.
Re: opinions on Porsche 911 E Targa - Phil Garner
I have a '72 911E. Check out www.pelicanparts.com for the best 911 forum on the Internet. The guys there will see you right.

Make a considered purchase. A 67 will be SWB, many of the problems were ironed out with the '69 models, handling and so forth. Best of the classic shape are the '72 and '73 models. Steer clear of the later 2.7s.

Phil