Vauxhall Zafira 1.6 53 club - Vauxhall Zafira Use 1st gear very loud noise comin - juliep40

I had a new clutch and a recon gearbox in Aug.Since last saturday the 2rd gear does stop in and goes straight into neutral.1st gear a terrible noise comes from the gear box and is so loud the whole street can hear it.The garage reckons its the plastic box that holds the gearstick need replacing or the manslefold at the front of the car needs replacing.Its getting to the point when i struggle to use the gears,now the reverse is struggling to be used.:(

Vauxhall Zafira 1.6 53 club - Vauxhall Zafira Use 1st gear very loud noise comin - roosterbooster

take the car back to the person who fitted the gearbox,sounds like gearbox failure!

Vauxhall Zafira 1.6 53 club - Vauxhall Zafira Use 1st gear very loud noise comin - Big John

Is the clutch "dragging"?

Are the engine mounts intact? If something was left loose when the clutch/gearbox was changed it will eventually put pressure on the gear linkages. I had this happen on a Polo a few years ago when the rear engine mount worked loose after a clutch change. Worth a peek.