Ford Galaxy 2.3 petrol R reg - Not running smoothly - r1cky

Please help :(

My wifes 97 galaxy 2.3 petrol engine. She said it felt under powered and was almost felt like it was mis firing.

I started the car this morning and revved it, a huge amount of smoke came out slightly blue in colour and the car didn't sound smooth and like it was mis-firing. I drove it to work and bellow 3k revs its really struggling above 3k its better but not right, it wasn't smoking that much that I could see but seemed to use a lot of fuel. Checked the air filter all seemed clear and tried the car with air box off and no different, I knew the spark plugs weren't brilliant so I got some at lunchtime and they were pretty poor, fitted the new ones. Car was slightly better but not much, still missing and it smelt like a lot of fuel not being burnt out of the exhaust.

Any ideas on what the problem could be or what to check next?

Thanks.

Ford Galaxy 2.3 petrol R reg - Not running smoothly - elekie&a/c doctor

Sounds very much like an ignition related fault.Could be one of the coils or possibly one of the ht leads.(there are 2 of each).Also check the wiring and the 2 pin connectors that runs to the coils,it is possible that the insulation has fractured.hth

Ford Galaxy 2.3 petrol R reg - Not running smoothly - r1cky

Sounds very much like an ignition related fault.Could be one of the coils or possibly one of the ht leads.(there are 2 of each).Also check the wiring and the 2 pin connectors that runs to the coils,it is possible that the insulation has fractured.hth

the wires running to the pack have started to corrode and the outer sleeving is disintegrating do these wires pulse or is there continuous voltage in them?

Thanks