Mazda 6 2006 TDI Sport Deisel - (Mazda 6 '06) Engine Light Help Please? - Ainaa

Hey,

Could someone please help as I have a Mazda 6 (90,000) on the clock. Quite a good runner considering its cheap and cheerful :) but I am having a problem. Since last week my engine management light and traction control light has come on.

My friend has looked under the bonnet and found a breather pipe going to a rga valve ripped. He replaced that but the lights are still on. I've taken it into a local garage who informed me that my dpf filter was playing up and needed replaces although this would cost me just under £1000.

Because my DPF light was not on I checked with another garage who gave me the following fault codes;

P242F

P1391F

P2459

C1119

They did a DPF regeneration and cleared all fault codes. This seemed to cure the problem till I drove up a hill in the rain and my traction control light and engine management light came back on. :(.

My question is because my DPF light is off do you think my DPF filter is ok ? And what could be wrong with my traction ?

Regards,

Ainaa

Mazda 6 2006 TDI Sport Deisel - (Mazda 6 '06) Engine Light Help Please? - Ainaa

So far I've done the "How to reset DPF after cleaning process" and the "How to reset after an oil change" from here www.launchtech.com.au/bbs/Topic.aspx?BoardID=32&am...4 and they work although the first "How to start DPF cleaning process" didn't.

What are your thoughts on DPF removal? Oh and my engine type is RF 2005 (2.0 MZR-CD) not the 1.9 I siad earlier.

Regards and thanks,

Mazda 6 2006 TDI Sport Deisel - (Mazda 6 '06) Engine Light Help Please? - PeterPeter

as posted in another post these guys removed dpf on my mazda 6 nearly year ago and have no problems since.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLG1S1syfDY

Mazda 6 2006 TDI Sport Deisel - (Mazda 6 '06) Engine Light Help Please? - galileo

Chatting to my local indy this morning, he mentioned that Mazda diesel software switches on the 'anti pollution fault' light and can put the car into limp home mode after a set period of running hours,regardless of the state of the DPF; this is intended to ensure the owner has to take it to a Mazda dealer to be relieved of £90 to have the system reset.

I can believe this is true, but can not confirm this from personally hearing this from Mazda.