Vauxhall Corsa 2003 1.2 - CD/radio completely blank - Robin the Technician

Hi All,

A friend of mine came home from holiday last week to find the battery flat on her Corsa. Battery was removed, charged and returned and now car is fully functioning. However she tried the CD only to find it wouldn't work (didn't realise it would need re-coding). After fiddling with it for some time it went from -SAFE- to blank. you switch the unit on and it's like its dead. The display comes on with date etc but no reference to radio/CD. The fuses have been checked but it seems like its dead. She's now heard it will need a trip to the dealer for a 'special unlock' which sounds a load of tosh to me. Is it like the usual system where you need to leave the ignition on until it has counted down its security time or is there a magic sequence to re-activating it? She does have the code but didn't realise the battery removal would require it to be re-entered.

There are two options: Get the dealer to unlock it or...buy a replacement off f-bay like I did a few years ago to upgrade my Daughters.

The unit is the original radio/CD which I think is a philips. it has something like CDR2005?? on the front which silver coloured like the rest of the dash.

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated

Robin the Technician = I fix, therefore I am

Vauxhall Corsa 2003 1.2 - CD/radio completely blank - elekie&a/c doctor

It is very possible that the on/off switch on the radio has failed (very common).So it is not possible to turn it on to enter the code,or the radio should automatically recognize the code held within the electronic network of the car.Fitting a s/h unit is not very practical as would have to be virginised for the electronics to accept it.(real pain).Best bet is an aftermarket radio with the required fitting fascia and wiring adaptors.hth

Vauxhall Corsa 2003 1.2 - CD/radio completely blank - Robin the Technician

Hi,

Its being sorted. My friend spoke to the local Vauxhall dealer who said to go to a local motor factor in our area who has the facility to fix the problem. She phoned them and for £20 they will take out the unit and in a couple of days it will be done!!!

I did check out F-bay and there are plenty of CDR2005 units around £45 tested and supplier with code taken from same make & model of car.

Thanks anyway for your message.

Robin the Technician, I fix, therefore I am.

Vauxhall Corsa 2003 1.2 - CD/radio completely blank - 1litregolfeater

Original items look best, but for £50 you will get much more up to date electonics nowadays. Aux plugs, USB, I phone an all that