What a load of drivel - Buying a car - justadriver

Just went yesterday with two friends to take delivery of their new cars, bought on my recommendation. I could not believe the interactive talk through with the salesman delivering the car explaining about finance options, interest charges, gap insurance, paint protection etc, all of which had to be replied to yes no or "no response" and the the customer had to sign electronically that he had been asked these questions and was happy with his replies.

I am happy that i buy my cars cash (heavily discounted about a year old and don't have to sit through all this myself.

To avoid future allegations of mis-selling for the 2 friends i was told upon asking..

What a load of drivel - Buying a car - tony g
( finance options, interest charges, gap insurance, )"

These are legal requirements required by the FSA ,long winded and tedious I know ,but if the the individual who's witnessing and offering the finance doesn't run through the document parrot fashion ,they risk prosecution and being banned from working in finance .

There is a precedent for offering gap insurance to buyers ,in that a garage who didn't offer it to a buyer was successfully sued, by a customer who would have benefited from it after he wrote his car off ,but he wasn't offered it by the car dealer .

Tony g
What a load of drivel - Buying a car - madf

It's just companies covering their backside.. I had the same rigmarole. I jsut answered no about 10 times.

Why teh fuss? Takes 5 minutes..