ford mondeo tdci 2005 - ford mondeo tdci 2005 won't start - Joka
Hi all, I have a mondeo tdci 2005 (EU4) with 90,000 miles, in the last 2 months the glow plug flashes when I start the car, run the car for about 1 mile, switch off the engine and started again and glow plug won’t come back, although if I put the foot down glow plug lights comes back, the engine becomes a bit sluggish (sounds like it’s going to cut off ) and a massive brownish/blackish cloud of smoke comes of the exhaust, last week happen the same but this time the engine wont start, call the AA which told me that was high pressure pump without doing any tests.....Got home went on internet and found that is common fault on this cars, and follow some of the suggestion.
Change the diesel filter and it work out for 2 days the engine run perfect, no glow plug but 4days ago coming from work rev it a bit and the engine it’s gone completely dead.
I've a code reader AVTOP run it and came up with one code (P0100) which is the mass air flow meter (MAF), took it out cleaned and put it back, run the code scanner again and no codes came up, a bit doubtful about the code reader, unplug the EGR and the egr sensor and code reader pick up the codes, so code reader looks okay.
Check www.kobobooks.com%2Febook%2FTitle%2Fbook-4Djp5Lpsu...4" target="_blank">fuel system no air on the system no pipes blocked, undo the nut of the pipe that go from the common rail to the injector, spin the engine and diesel coming off.
No code came up for cams sensor but I change the sensor anyway, I've also change again the diesel filter to check if there were metal fillings that could have come from the injector pump, but nothing inside the filter.

Does the malfunction of EGR by itself can prevent the engine from start?
Does the malfunction of the turbo by itself prevent the engine from start?
Because the injectors on the common rail are controlled by electric/electronics, is there in component/modulo apart from the ECU, if so where?
I've remove the cables of the battery for about 3 hours to reset the ECU, I'm not sure whether it done or not, if not How to reset the ECU, and if by doing that do I have to reprogram the injectors?

Any suggestions out there will be more then welcome thx.
Joka
ford mondeo tdci 2005 - ford mondeo tdci 2005 won't start - Avant

Moved to Technical.

Ah - I see you've started another thread on the same subject in this section. Once is enough.

Edited by Avant on 02/10/2012 at 01:31