ford focus 2005 - reversing light - Bro D

my reversing / fog light dose not work i have changed the fuse and bulb ,followed the wires underneath can not see any breaks or shorts on it. the haynes manual with its circuit diagram espescially for the layout for the fuses is different to the ford focus owners guide wondering could it be an earth problem and where in the boot is the earthpoint since the manual dose not say ? what i find is strange both rear fog lights going into whaty looks like a conector block and is fed from wires from the boot yet only the offside rear works and the nearside / revers dose not and if they all use the same earthing point as the rear lights how come they still work ? confused !

ford focus 2005 - reversing light - elekie&a/c doctor

These have one rear fog light on the drivers side and one reverse light on the passenger side.So what is not working?

sorry it is the reversing light on the passenger side

could it have anything to do with the reversing light switch ? being looking through manual circuit diagram again

ford focus 2005 - reversing light - elekie&a/c doctor

Could well be a fault to reverse switch.This is on the gearbox.hth

is this something i can fit myself ? i do have a trolly jack and stands .. my old cars i had no qualms on fixing things these newer ones scare me a bit i have been to a scrap yard to have a look at where the switch is but it was on a mk 1 model i was thinking it might be in the same place, is there any other checks i can do before i look at the switch ?

mate of mine suggested to undo the wiring plug and put a paper clip across the two terminals in the wiring plug and then put turn iginition on with out starting the car revers lights came on ! problem with the switch getting new one tomorrow thanks