Alfa Romeo 156 Sunroof water leak - PeterC
Has anyone had experience of this? Water seems to have run down the a-pillar (cloth lining on a-pillar and around sunroof is soaked) and then soaked the front passenger footwell. I've heard the drain holes might be blocked but when I push a wire down them, it stops after about 2 feet. Suggestions?
Alfa Romeo 156 Sunroof water leak - PhilW
Don't know about Alfas but on my wife's Xantia the drain tube had come off the L-shaped plastic thingy that joins the drain tube to the sunroof tray. Inspect by dropping roof lining slightly??)Maybe you are pushing your wire into air space in the pillar. Blockage could be lower down of course in which case it may be worth blowing gently up the drain tube (found just behind front wheel on a Xantia) with a footpump with the Li-Lo blow up adapter. May also be that the blockage is on other side and when you park on a slope the water runs across the roof lining to other side ?? Test by pouring (small) amounts of water into each corner of sun roof and seeing where (and if ) the water drains.
By the way - took the Xantia into a Cit dealer in France and he spent an hour curing the problem and didn't charge us - all part of the service he said!