Peugeot 306 Meridian 1.4 X Reg (Year2000) - Cutting out - Please Help! - MatthewC

Hello,

Am at an end here with my car, hopefully somebody can help me.

I have had my car for about 18 Months, it’s registered in Year 2000 (X Reg), it only has 40,000 on the clock, I purchased it from 1 lady owner.

In the last 3-4 months now the car just cuts out, As soon as I touch the accelerator it can just cut straight out. It sometimes puffs out black smoke from the exhaust but this may be a separate fault, maybe new plugs? Could this be connected, would bad plugs cause cut out?

When am driving I have to accelerate heavy to go 2-4K, once moving it won’t cut out till I stop and then press the accelerator, then it wobbles and sometimes cuts out. It seems if I rev between 2,000-4,000 and keep it there its OK. Also sometimes if the car is in the wrong gear it just stutters and jolts forwards. After I have been driving for approx 20-30 minutes the car is absolutely fine, start and stop no problem, no cutting out.

I have replaced the Idol control valve but don’t want to spend a lot of money as car is not worth much, just wondered if anyone knows a fix for sure?

Thanks for anyone who replies.

Matthew

Edited by MatthewC on 07/09/2012 at 00:21

Peugeot 306 Meridian 1.4 X Reg (Year2000) - Cutting out - Please Help! - madf

Sounds like a sensor problem .. the internal wiring is broekn and occasionally breask enough to stiop current flowing.

IIRC ther e is not a camshaft sensor on this engine but there is a crankshaft sensor.

Your only way of testing is removal and replacement.

Someone else may have a better idea.

Peugeot 306 Meridian 1.4 X Reg (Year2000) - Cutting out - Please Help! - MatthewC
Do you think this is a big job, if I take to garage, what's best thing to say to do. How much is a new sensor?
Thanks for your help...