Renault Twingo - Good Deal - John_Smith

Currently got a 59 Plate Fiat Grande Punto 1.4GP (8v). Trade in has 36K on clock and is running out of MOT and tax at end this month; also due a service. Additionally it has some body work damage ( a few paint chips at front, small dent at rear and most noticeably the passenger side sill is dented in and paint a bit stripped due to a car park catch).

Currently have 2 years to go on the finance at £161 a month.

Looking at possibly changing it for a renault twingo.

Deal been offered is;

62 Plate Twingo 1.2 Dynamique with Bermuda Blue and Air alloy options and renault 4 year package at 12k miles per year.

OTR - £9,354

P Ex - (£3,980)

Settlement £3,980

Deposit (£159)

48 Payments (£173.01)

GFV (£2691.75)

APR 7.5%

Do these figures stack up? Is it a good deal? Would people change? Anyone any thoughts on the Twingo and how it compares to a Grande Punto.

So many questions but grateful for comments and help that might make my mind up.

Renault Twingo - Good Deal - Craigdm

I p/x'd my daughters 04 plate Punto for a new Twingo last year. Obviously you lose quite a bit of space internally, but there's still enough room for 4 normal sized people in the Twingo and the engine seems to pull okay. In fact it's quite a decent sized engine for such a small car, even if it can trace it's roots back to the R5.

OTR price sounds quite high though... I got the Twingo 1.2 Bizu for £5995. It's missing a few toys, but does a job. Also don't get too hung up on the service package unless you do lots of miles. Remember its 2 years or 18K miles and that's a lot for such a small town car, so your 4 year package might only be 2 services at £100 each..