Peugeot 306 LD Diesel - Peugeot 307 wont turnover after little bump - event2020

I have a R reg (1997) 306 LD diesel.

Last night, I forgot to put the handbreak on and it rolled down my drive (which is on a slight slope) by about 20 feet and dinged into a pile of paving slabes on the passanger side.

Now when I try to start it it wont turn over.

Turn the key to the first position and nothing on the dashboard lights up, not a thing.

Turn the key to the second position and the Hammer symbol comes on and the display says -0 then after 1 or 2 secs the milage is displayed. I know the Hammer symbol means a service is needed but that was NOT on when I parked the car before it rolled down my drive.

None of the other things on the dashboard light up.

Then if I turn the key all the way (to try and start) and nothing happens. The engine does not even try to turn over.

I have checked all of the fuses in the fuse box just below the steering wheel and the ones in the box just in front of the battery. There are no obvious wires broken and the battery is only about a month old.

I would appreciate any help or suggestions as I am now carless and cant even get to the nearest shops.

Thanks

Peugeot 306 LD Diesel - Peugeot 307 wont turnover after little bump - Oli rag

Maybe you have a loose battery connection or a bad connection on the starter motor.

Peugeot 306 LD Diesel - Peugeot 307 wont turnover after little bump - Peter.N.

Do the panel lights go out when you try to engage the starter?