Good book on car electrics - Simon Templar

I have a son who has a poor grasp of car electrics & is constantly wrestling with such problems on his modern classic.

Which book would you recommend to assist him in becoming more capable in this area ?

Simon T..
Good book on car electrics - Steve G
Haynes do a few electrical system books. They explain modern engine management systems/fault codes and common problems e.t.c
Also 'Car mechanics' magazine used to do in depth features on different models each month. I'm sure you could send off for back issues which cover your sons car.

Thanks Steve, I note there a couple of Haynes books on the subject but of course until they are actually scrutinised it is not easy to judge them.

From the absence of replies it would appear that most forum members are perhaps in the same position as my son.

Simon T.
Good book on car electrics - RichieW
Have you had a look in your local library? In mine theres loads of haynes manuals plus auto electric guides,carburettor manuals etc. At least you can look for free. I recently borrowed one book on electrical faults and diagnostics but it wasn't very good as the illustrations were nowhere near the written content and I kept having to turn pages back & forward. Sorry to be useless but I can't remember the title or author.

Grateful thanks Richie, the Library is an excellent idea,I hadnt thought of that,Well done.Thanks too M.A.
Simon T.
Good book on car electrics - Phil I
Simon You won't be able to access the whole of this site without being a member but it will be useful to find the titles which may be of help to you and your lad.

www.foursite.somerset.gov.uk/

Happy Motoring Phil I