any - Not allowed to name and shame - Maxime.

so not allowed to name and shame a manufacturer or their main dealer who did not have a filter in stock when i wanted one when the car had been booked in for the service, they knew it needed this bit, and because they hadn't got one didn't fit it, but charged the same labour for the service? Told me i needed new tyres, (not necessary) and new brake pads all round) (another Garage near by told my husband tyres and brakes all ok!) when i complained about the oil on my drive and took the car back they said it was due to a small hole!!! Is it because ima woman? have written a stinking letter to both.

any - Not allowed to name and shame - gordonbennet

Not because you are a woman, i'd hazard a guess that said dealer was part of a large chain, possibly multi make, where staff are numbers and customers are paying numbers.

Smaller, preferably family owned is the way to go, if not then find that most valuable of gems, the honest competent make specific indy and don't look back.

Still, its been a good experience for you , in that you know where not to go again, especially satisfying they didn't get your money..;)

i'd hazard a guess that said dealer was part of a large chain, possibly multi make, where staff are numbers and customers are paying numbers.

Smaller, preferably family owned,

Actually Bang goes your theory, small local dealer, who also said my car wasn't covered for warranty work because it wasn't blindingly obvious 'cos it had a private plate. But I had said it needed warranty work.

any - Not allowed to name and shame - No FM2R II

>>another Garage near by told my husband tyres and brakes all ok!)

Lets hope it was the first garage which was wrong.

Edited by No FM2R II on 20/08/2012 at 17:59

.Two tyres fitted new on the front a few weeks prior, guess who by? Only one guess now...

So you're saying that a garge told you that two, evenly yet barely worn, undamaged tyres needed replacing?

Seems hardly likely. Thay'd have to be really daft to try that.

so you're saying that a garage told you that two, evenly yet barely worn, undamaged tyres needed replacing?

YES. when i said that they had changed them recently they said oh, no it's the rears, which obviously had a lot more tread on them as they don't wear as fast as the fronts, but see first post, is it because i was a woman customer? What about the small hole? who is talking rubbish here? the only small hole involved (according to my darling other half ) belonged to the nether regions of the a******e who tried to rip me off for £600. And no I won't be going back. and yes I am pursuing this! a woman scorned...

any - Not allowed to name and shame - 1litregolfeater

Although I hate to appear or sound in any way sexist,

Maxime does seem like a man in drag. And why not.

All the women I know get idiots like us lot to do their dirty work for them.

Like crawling underneath.

I'm stopping the double entrendres as of now.

Can't keep it up

any - Not allowed to name and shame - Avant

"Maxime does seem like a man in drag. And why not."

Not in drag - in Latin maxime is the vocative of maximus (male). A girl would be Maxima.

"Maxime

Maxime greatly, exceedingly, to the highest degree, very

In this case cheesed off with all you men.

cum hoc ergo propter hoc

nec temere nec timide

nemo me impune lacessit

Edited by maxime on 23/08/2012 at 07:08

any - Not allowed to name and shame - madf

"Maxime

Maxime greatly, exceedingly, to the highest degree, very

In this case cheesed off with all you men.

cum hoc ergo propter hoc

nec temere nec timide

nemo me impune lacessit

QED

nemo me impune lacessit

just a little update for all you doubters, I have had a response after 5 weeks that my letter is being looked into, and I have been asked to allow a few days to get to the bottom of this, so I will allow them that courtesy. There has been an acknowledgement that there were issues.