Toyota Yaris D4D October 2010 - Clutch noise - brooksie

Have had this car for 6 months. Its done 20,000 miles. It has developed a clonking noise when the clutch takes up the drive and when changing gear. I thought it was the DMF but the Toyota main dealer said it was the rear mid engine mounting This was changed but the noise is unaltered. Toyota is now saying that it is feature of the model - even though it was not present for the first couple of months.

Has anyone experienced a similar noise?

Toyota Yaris D4D October 2010 - Clutch noise - madf

Broken DMF.

Toyota Yaris D4D October 2010 - Clutch noise - gordonbennet

Madf's probably right.

Is this dealer a large city type?

Find a smaller, preferably family owned dealer, more likely to try for goodwill for you for reapirs.

Toyota Yaris D4D October 2010 - Clutch noise - kevin1973

I have a 60 plate went to dealer they fitted a foam pad to the cluch peddle ..I drove car home and yer u guessed never solved it it took back to be told they could not find any thing wrong.i said take for a drive and see which they did with me being a passanger and it knocked every gear change even felt through the car .Iwhen we got back to the dealers I was then told this is how the csr is cos of hi touque engine lol.and was told to ring customer relations and they would ring aswell .so I rang and was told to ring s number of toyota dealers to see if its s common problem which costomer realationd told me is nit the case with this model.i told the dealer if this is how the cars are if some ine test drove a new car doing that they would lol and walk away ..what a joke costomer relations are investergating we will see will keep u informed