Mk4 Astra estate vs mk2 focus estate - mikek3111
Hey need to pick people's brains.

I currently drive a mk4 Astra estate which is starting to show its age and has out grown me. I'm 6ft 2 and have to have the seat practically all the way back to drive it. As my two daughters are now 2 and 1 the eldest has moved into a forward facing seat which means that I have her feet constantly in my back and after a recent 3 hour journey with the. Instant kicking I'm done and the car needs to go.

I don't have a huge budget in fact next to no budget but have around £2000 plus the value of px of my Astra.

What I want to know is if there is any more rear legroom in the focus compared to the Astra?

I'm only 31 and not quite ready to quit living life and buy an mpv and would much rather an estate. I've looked at the Mondeo but a nice one is slightly out of my budget and insurance is quite a bit high considering I'm already paying £128 pm for the Astra.

Not really interested in Skoda's or Volvo's but just need to keep the small feet away from my back. I love the size of the boot in the Astra and understand the focus is slightly bigger but can find any specs to compare rear legroom space.
Mk4 Astra estate vs mk2 focus estate - RT

As far as I recall, the Focus is slightly less roomy than the Astra-G (mk4) in both hatch and estate forms - particularly in the back.

Have a look at the Vectra-C estate - it has an extended wheelbase compared to it's saloon/hatch siblings and legroom is massive, both front and rear, while still having a huge boot.

Mk4 Astra estate vs mk2 focus estate - thunderbird

We had a similar dilema. Looked at just about every estate on the market. The Focus is certainly not the biggest but is good value. The Octavia estate was good but rear legroom was a slight issue, looked good but the seats were set very low meaning that you had to travel with your legs outstretched, not always possible with a tall driver. The boot was incredible but there was no spare at all, add a spare and raised boot floor (essential for holiday travel IMHO) and it was no better than the rest.

After much deliberation we settled on a Kia Ceed SW. Better rear legroom and a bigger boot (it even has space for a full size spare) for a car that externally is virtually the same size externally. Prices are very similar and the 1.6 diesel is a cracker. If you get a pre September 2010 car they did not have dpf's thus one thing less to go wrong. Just make sure its been serviced correctly preferably by a main dealer, the 7 year warranty is worth b***** all if its missed a service.