na - Ticket from Apcoa but no means of getting a ticket - Chrisg46

I returned to my car this afternoon and found a good old ticket from apcoa. When i arrived at the car park this morning i went to pay at the machine to find that yet again, it was not working and looks to have crashed while processing someone else's payment. I pressed cancel a fe times to no effect so had to leave as my train was in sight.

Now i have the ticket, for circumstances that i dont really feel were my fault - their ticket machines are notoriously unreliable or slow so i imagine this happens fairly often?

Advice please?

na - Ticket from Apcoa but no means of getting a ticket - Avant

Write politely but firmly to Apcoa explaining the situation - in particular that you either couldn't see another machine or didn't have time to look for one as you had to catch your train.

Their official line is that you should find a machine that works - totally unreasonable given that it's their responsibility to make sure the things work - but the chances are that they'll waive the fine with a display of magnanimity.

na - Ticket from Apcoa but no means of getting a ticket - Bobbin Threadbare

I have left a note on my car dashboard a few times - 'sorry, tried to buy a ticket but your machine is broken etc' and it usually works.