2006 Mondeo 2.0 TDCi - 2006 Mondeo 2.0 TDCi warning lights arrangement ? - Booboobedoo

Hi,

I just bought a 2006 Mondeo 2.0 TDCi 130 Ghia X and am a bit concerned that one of the warning lights does not light up whe I turn the ignition. The light is the topmost one in the righthand line of 3 round lamps, all the lamps in the lefthand line of 3 self test OK and the other lamps dotted around seem to light up OK. Can anyone point me to an annotated figure saying which lam is located where on the dash ? The manual omits this usefu info relying on people guessing what lamps are missing.

Thanks,

Boo

2006 Mondeo 2.0 TDCi - 2006 Mondeo 2.0 TDCi warning lights arrangement ? - Booboobedoo

Bump ?

Anyone know what the leftmost lamp in the right row of 3 round lamps is supposed to indicate ?

Thanks,

Boo

2006 Mondeo 2.0 TDCi - 2006 Mondeo 2.0 TDCi warning lights arrangement ? - glowplug

This is a long shot but could it be that that indicator lamp isn't used on your model of car? Can you make out any symbol on it?

A link to a photo of the said lamp might bring some ideas forward.

Steve.

2006 Mondeo 2.0 TDCi - 2006 Mondeo 2.0 TDCi warning lights arrangement ? - elekie&a/c doctor

I run a 2006 Mondeo and that particular location is blank.There is no w/light above the engine management and fuel light.It is possible to do a self test of the lights by holding down the r/hand push button on pod,turn on ignition ,and the dash will run thro a self test sequence each time the button is released and re-applied.hth

Thanks for the tip. I just did the test and could not see a lamp with an oil can and spanner symbol as mentioned in the book. Is this present in the 2.0 TDCi ?

Boo2
2006 Mondeo 2.0 TDCi - 2006 Mondeo 2.0 TDCi warning lights arrangement ? - elekie&a/c doctor

No mention of a spanner light on dash or in the handbook.The oil pressure light is second from the left in top centre,between battery charge and handbrake/brake warning.hth