Mazda 3 Sport saloon 2008 - DSC FAULT LIGHT - Bips
Yep me too! had the car for 4 years but only done 36k miles and if by Magic once the mileage goes over 36k the light goes on and stays on. Brought it from Mazda Dealer when only 3 months old. The Mazda dealer has recently closed down and Sandicliffe Ford now taken over.Has had a full Mazda service history. They say ABS pump faliure and quoted me #560 to fix it and after much arguing offered goodwill gesture of 35%. I still feel part is not fit for purpose and will be writing to Mazda UK and also chairman in Japan for full cost cover.Does anyone know the name of the Chairman I should write to in Japan?
Mazda 3 Sport saloon 2008 - DSC FAULT LIGHT - GavoTheSane

Takashi Yamanouchi

Mazda 3 Sport saloon 2008 - DSC FAULT LIGHT - raymo39

Hi, I have a mazda3 sport 2009 just done 73000 miles had car from new, braked heavily to avoid lorry abs activated for a second arrived at destination no problem. Came back to car an hour later started it up on comes the DSC light and still burning bright. It even flashes when the ignition off. How much would I loose in part ex?? Its a worry because they have fitted the same units to vw, BMW, Lexus and others so is there any escape. Why does it cost £1500 to repair, I've heard the part costs £1000. ??

Is it hard too fit a se ond hand one from scrappy? ??

Mazda 3 Sport saloon 2008 - DSC FAULT LIGHT - alan1302

Hi, I have a mazda3 sport 2009 just done 73000 miles had car from new, braked heavily to avoid lorry abs activated for a second arrived at destination no problem. Came back to car an hour later started it up on comes the DSC light and still burning bright. It even flashes when the ignition off. How much would I loose in part ex?? Its a worry because they have fitted the same units to vw, BMW, Lexus and others so is there any escape. Why does it cost £1500 to repair, I've heard the part costs £1000. ??

Is it hard too fit a se ond hand one from scrappy? ??

You don't even know what is wrong with the car so you don't know how much it will cost to fix. All that you have seen is the warnign light but know no more than that until it's been checked out.

If they have also fitted it to VW, BMW and Lexus then your escape would be a car not made by them.

Mazda 3 Sport saloon 2008 - DSC FAULT LIGHT - pd

It will fail a MOT with the light lit.

It could just be a sensor, so get it diagnosed first. If it is the pump, they can be rebuilt/repaired now rather than replaced.